Traffic Impacts and Detour
Work will require a detour. Several safety enhancements are planned as part of the official detour. These enhancements are temporary and will be removed once the project is complete and the detour is removed. The proposed detour route and corresponding safety enhancements are shown on the map to the right.
- A pedestrian crossing sign will be installed in the middle of the crosswalk of CR 9 and CR 23/Central Ave. The crosswalk will be repainted to make it more visible.
- A four-way stop with larger more visible stop signs will be installed at the intersection of CR 23/Central Ave. and Pine St.
- A northbound advance bicycle crossing sign will be installed at the crossing on Pine St.
- A southbound flashing stop sign will be installed at the intersection of Pine St. and CR 23/Second Ave. S.
- An eastbound flashing stop sign and pedestrian crossing sign will be installed.
- Two trailer mounted dynamic speed signs will be used in town that can be moved to different locations within and around town as needed
- A number of portable message boards will also be used during the project to keep drivers informed.
- Truck route signs will be removed or covered to discourage truck traffic through town during the project.